I don’t usually get sick–well, like stomach bug sick. Colds are another story. The last time I was sick and out of commission was back in Louisiana. I got sick at school and went home after second period. Other than that, I think the last time I had the flu was senior year in college. And that might have been a hangover. 😉
So when I started feeling ill last night and woke up this morning feeling gross, I knew something was up.
Here’s how I know I’m sick.
- I’m not hungry. Usually, I could eat something whenever, regardless of if I’m hungry or not. But today I had absolutely no appetite and the idea of food made me queasy.
- I don’t want to work out. This morning I felt so weak and tired. Not even the prospect of wearing my new shoes could get me out of bed. And even later in the evening, where I normally get a second wind, I’m not feeling a workout.
- I don’t want to eat multiple spoonfuls of sunflower butter. I added a little sunflower butter to a sandwich thin (see below) for dinner tonight. Usually when I eat sunflower butter I want to, or do, eat multiple spoonfuls right out of the far. Tonight, no desire.
- No craving for a sweet treat. I like sweets. I don’t know too many people that don’t! I can usually control my sweet treat cravings during the day…but post dinner? It’s always like I need something sweet! Not tonight. Right now, the idea of a sweet treat makes me want to gag.
- All I want to do is sleep. I don’t want to watch TV. See my friends. All I want to do is sleep.
Even though I wasn’t really that hungry when I woke up, I made some soup and a sandwich thin with sunflower butter.
I was surprised at how meaty and noodley this soup was.
Pretty good. My stomach was still a little upset though. 😦
Back to bed for me….hopefully I’ll feel better in the morning.