I can’t believe it’s already time for my NYC trip! My middle brother and dad flew out tonight…my mom and I are flying out tomorrow morning…and my youngest brother is flying out from Chicago…tomorrow? Anyway, the whole fam will be in NYC tomorrow evening…with a bunch of other ND fans from all over the country!
Oh, yea, I should probably explain. We are going to the ND v. Army game at Yankee Stadium on Saturday!!
I am so excited to see some high school and college friends who live in NYC and grad school friends who are coming in for the game. Maybe I should start packing….
I am most excited for my Saturday morning Central Park run and the game on Saturday night! I am going to have to set aside some time to work on my brief… 😦 I hope to get a lot of the editing done tomorrow on the plane ride there.
Moving on to dinner!
In the mix
1 egg + 2 egg whites
LOTS of peppers and onions
1/4 cup black beans
2 pieces whole wheat toast
I am legit obsessed with breakfast foods.
After I dropped of Darby at my cousins’ house I had to stop and get gas. And I picked up a little treat.
I am half packing half doing work right now…but I laid out some of the things I am DEFINITELY packing.
1. Cowboy boots: These are my heels. I love them–stylish and super comfortable! Wear them with some leggings and a blazer and I’ll be totally NYC. 🙂
2. Running shoes: Obvi need these for my Saturday morning run. If I’m not too “tired” on Sunday I hope to get in a shorter (like 3-4 mile) run.
3. Green puffy J.Crew vest: My mom sent this to me when I was studying abroad in Galway, Ireland in 2004. I am still just as obsessed. And it’s green for the Irish!
4. My legal writing books and cases for my brief: Gag. But my brief is due Monday and I’m not quite finished.
5. My laptop: Obviously! For brief writing…or blogging. 🙂
6. My super sweet camo mittens: These guys are my fav winter gear. I have almost lost one or both like a million times. But somehow, I always end up finding them!
Gotta bring a little bit of Minnesota to the Big City. 😉
Alright, I’m out! I want to get to bed soon because I am waking up early to get a quick run in before I leave! I am meeting my mom at my parents’ house at 7:45 am. Eek the Cat. My alarm is set for 5:00 am. Gross.
P.S. Fireworks again! Who sets off fireworks in November???