Holy wind storm. Wow! It was so windy that Darby almost blew away. Well, maybe not away, but at least almost blew over!
In the mix
2 cans chick peas
3 cups white vinegar
1 tbsp coarse sea salt
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. First I mixed the chick peas, vinegar, and a pinch of sea salt in a medium pot and let the chick peas come to a boil.
2. Then I turned off the burner and let the chick peas soak for 30 minutes.
3. After the chick peas were done soaking, I drained them and then put them back into the pot. I then mixed in the oil and sea salt.
4. I then took a lined cookie sheet and spread the chick peas out over the entire space.
5. Set the oven to 425 degrees and bake for 40-45 minutes. Make sure to flip them half-way through the baking time. I actually baked these guys for about 41 minutes.
I just tried one of these suckas and so so so good! Perfect salad topper or snack!
Dinner was simps…very reminiscent of a Chipolte burrito bowl.
In the mix
Crock pot shredded chicken
1/4 cup beans
Fire roasted corn
Fire roasted peppers and onions
1/2 cup TJ’s organic brown rice
In other news…
Sad news, I will not be making the trip down to ND for the Tulsa game this weekend. Tear. I just have too much school work and I really need that day to study and write this brief. There is also a MPRE review session which I desperately need to attend. I am taking the MPRE (Lawyer ethics test) on November 3 and really all I know about being an ethical lawyer is don’t lie, cheat, or steal. Oh, and don’t sleep with your clients. Seems pretty easy, right?