So in an effort to avoid work I’ve been researching recipes and cooking all day 🙂
Here’s how the granola turned out…and there’s a TON. Wow.
I kind of burnt the second batch…and the first batch was a bit under done…I’d recommend baking for 20 minutes at 350 and then baking for 15 minutes at 250.
I made chili tonight…it was kinda just a big cluster of whatever I had lying around. See ingredients below:
I mixed all the veggies and diced tomatoes in a pot and put the heat on low. I then browned the turkey and mixed in the taco seasoning.
Then I added the turkey…
And set the timer for 2 hours (keeping the heat on low)–I went back and stirred the pot every 15 or so minutes.
I also got some delish whole wheat bread to pair with the chili
I cut it up and put the slices into individual bags and put the bags in the freezer. I’ve bought the bread before and it usually gets really tough in a few days.
I was still pretty full of lunch/snacking on the granola this afternoon 🙂 so I just had a small bowl of chili and the end of the bread.
I prefer a heartier chili so I added a ton of beans and veggies. I’ve posted a slow cook recipe below.
- 1lb lean ground turkey
- Low sodium taco seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 can diced tomatoes (Ex. petite diced)
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn kernels (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. cumin powder
- Spray a skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Brown turkey in a skillet.
- Follow directions on taco seasoning (add water and taco seasoning; simmer).
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- After turkey has simmered in taco seasoning mix together all the ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cook for 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high.